Background on CCPA
The CCPA gives California residents more control over their personal information. Under the Act, California residents may request from a business that collects consumers’ personal information the specific personal information and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the purposes for collecting and storing the information, and the third parties to which the information was shared. Additionally, California residents may submit a request to delete information under certain circumstances. If you do choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA, Sigora will not charge you a different price or provide a different quality of service unless those differences are related to your information.
Information We Collect About You
This website collects information “personal information”, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. We may collect information about you in a variety of ways, including through (1) information you provide to us directly; (2) information that we automatically collect; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
1. Information You Provide To Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the Website, or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following: names, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, contact preferences, contact or authentication data, and other similar information.
2. Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate this Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect includes: log and usage data, device data, and device location data.
3. Information We Collect From Other Sources
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you, and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, as well as from other third parties.
How We Use Your Information
- We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process
- To post testimonials
- Request feedback
- To manage user accounts
- To send administrative information to you.
- To protect our services
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you.
- To improve our business
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis: consent, legitimate business interests, performance of a contract, legal obligations, and vital company interests.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information as part of the following situations: business transfers, third-party service providers such as vendors and consultants, affiliates, and business partners.
We only share and disclose your information with the following categories of third parties: ad networks, affiliate marketing programs, cloud computing services, communication and collaboration tools, data analytics services, data storage service providers, finance and accounting tools, order fulfillment service providers, government entities, payment processors, performance monitoring tools, product engineering and design tools, social networks, sales and marketing tools, retargeting platforms, testing tools, user account registration and authentication services, website hosting service providers, and renewable energy credit (REC) aggregators or brokers (if you have a solar system installed).
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Keeping Your Information Safe
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
Your Rights and Choices:
The CCPA provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. The following includes your rights protected under the CCPA and how to exercise those rights.
1. Right to Request Access to Specific Information and Data Portability
You have the right to request from us the disclosure of certain information to you about the collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once your request is received and verified, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information collected about you
- Specific pieces of personal information collected
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected about you
- Purposes for which the information is being used by Sigora
- Categories of third parties with whom Sigora shares the personal information
- Categories of information that the business sells or discloses to third parties
This information will be disclosed free of charge to you. In order to process your request, we might require information from you in order to verify you are the person about whom the request for information is being made.
2. Right to Deletion Request
You have the right to request the deletion of any of your personal information that we have collected from you from our records and the records of our service providers. Once your request is received and verified, we will delete your personal information from our records. This right is subject to certain exceptions, such as if the information is necessary:
- To complete the transaction that the information was collected for, provided a requested good or service, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- In the course of data protection and security
- To repair issues with products or other errors impacting functionality
- For certain warranty or product recall purposes
- To comply with legal obligations, exercise legal claims or rights, or defend legal claims
- For certain internal uses that are compatible with reasonable consumer expectations or in the context in which the information was provided
In order to process your request, we might require information from you in order to verify you are the person about whom the request for deletion of information is being made.
3. Right to Opt-Out and Opt-In of Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we do not sell your personal information (“right to opt-out”). We will wait at least twelve months after your request to ask you to reauthorize sales of personal information but you may change your mind at any point and opt back in to personal information sales. It is not necessary to create an account to make an opt-out request, although we may collect personal information in order to process the request or require you to sign-in to your account if you have a preexisting one.
Sigora has the right to deny an opt-out request if:
- The request cannot be properly verified
- A sale is necessary for the business to comply with legal obligations, exercise legal claims or rights, or defend claims
- The personal information is certain medical information, consumer credit reporting information, or other types of information exempt from the CCPA
4. Right to Non-Discrimination
Sigora will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Discrimination includes denying goods or services, charging a different price, or providing a different level or quality of goods or services. If the personal information you refuse to provide, request to delete, or opt-out of the sale of is necessary for us to provide goods or services, we may not be able to provide the goods or services.
From time to time, we may offer promotions, discounts, or other deals permitted by the CCPA that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. If you make a request to delete or opt-out, you may no longer be eligible for the deals. Any financial incentive offered will reasonably relate to the value of your personal information and will include the terms of the incentive.
Exercising Your Rights and Choices
In order to exercise one of the rights listed above (right to access, deletion, or opt-out/opt-in), please submit a request through either of the following options: 1) call us toll free at: 1-800-454-7488 or 2) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3) Submit Privacy Act Request
The request must include sufficient information in order for us to verify your identity, otherwise the request may not be able to be completed. Consumers may submit up to two requests per year.
Our Response Time and Format
We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification. If more time is necessary, we will notify you that within the original 45 days that more time is needed. The total time will not exceed 90 days. We will respond to your opt out of sale request as soon as reasonably possible.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com, call us at 1-800-454-7488, or send via post to: Sigora Solar, LLC, 490 Westfield Rd., Suite A, Charlottesville, VA 22901.